Tuesday, December 18, 2012

hasta luego

It’s been a week as of Tuesday that I am back from Nicaragua. As I lay in bed and look at my little one (Mariflor) I think about my last week in Nicaragua. My last blog was on my weekend trip to Leon, it’s been like six weeks. I have been avoiding this site because I do not really want to write my last blog or get close to writing it. I do not want this to be a goodbye; I personally do not like goodbyes and am terrible at saying them in person. And even though this is a blog and I am not literally in front of someone saying goodbye I do feel like there is some sort of strings attached because this is the first time I actually follow through with a blog for one of my trips abroad. Well, enough of this silliness and lets reminisce on those lost six weeks. (Grab a cup of coffee is going to take a while.) As a matter of fact I will be sleeping now and writing on this tomorrow.  I will dream with the memories I hold dear and I know that I will travel back to those beautiful places I visited and called my temporary home. I can still hear the voices of the individuals that I met and I can still see their faces when I close my eyes. Like my friend Diego says, “It’s not a good bye but an hasta luego”. This hasta luego is going to take some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment