Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thirteen

It would have been sixteen but unfortunately my study abroad trip to Cuba has been cancelled. I will be heading to Nicaragua in thirteen days. It will be the start of something great. I plan to write about my experiences abroad, possibly one to three times per week. This will not only be a place to share my experiences but will be used as a journal, a place to express my thoughts and reflect on life. I will be graduating this Spring 2013 and hope to make the most of my undergrad career.

(I will be writing some blogs in Spanish.)

I have named my Blog When life give you lemons because I was originally going to study abroad in Havana, Cuba from Sept-Dec through the School of International Training. On Friday August 10, 2012 I received a devastating call that the program has been cancelled because of political reasons. Throughout this summer I have been able to plan out my goals for the next five years. I plan on continuing my academic career and travel through Latin America, specifically Central America. I am most interested in Mexico, Guatemala, and Cuba. Having the opportunity to go to Cuba during my undergrad seemed like a dream come true ( as a matter of fact this might still happen) but as of Friday that dream has been stalled. I have looked into my other options and going to Nicaragua will keep me on the right path and open more doors, ideas, and networks. I cannot wait to visit a new country and take in its history, its culture, and its people. Therefore, I have been told the old saying of "When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade" I will try to do more then just some lemonade.

----I want to apologize for any grammar and/or spelling errors. If you will like to correct me then that would be appreciated because I will learn more! If you have any suggestions on what I should write more on then go ahead and let me know.. I think comments can be left.. I am new to this blogspot-thingy.







No comments:

Post a Comment