Wednesday, August 29, 2012

RED JUICE

GUESS who is in Nicaragua??? I am currently staying at Hotel Casa San Juan sharing a room with two girls from the program. My first meal was white rice, mushroom gravy, chicken in some sweet sauce, a tortilla, and juice Utica? I have to double check on that. At first I thought it was agua de jamaica but its not, it tastes lemon-ie. (Task: Find out the name of that fruit!) I have an agenda for the next few days and it looks pretty packed. I am excited and ready to take on what lays ahead. As for the weather, it is pretty warm down here. The sun goes down at six and I arrived at seven so I didnt really get the feel of the sun. Tomorrow will be a day to remember. The scheduled day starts at eight which means that if I wake up early I may be able to go out for a walk or jog. The neighborhood we are staying in is middle class/ upper class, and has its own private security so I'll be safe (besides I have a pocket knife, jajaja. And I blend in). Well, I'm going to keep these updates short.

Hasta luego!

Yanet

By the way, I have decided on having everyone call me Yanet. I figured since we are going to be speaking spanish why not say my name the way that it would be said in spanish. And the sound of Yanet reminds me of the way my mom says my name at home.When I was younger my cousin in Mexico wrote down my name and spelled it with a Y. Ever since that day I have been a bit "uncomfortable" with Janet. And  Janet sounds a little rough. No?




** Les mando saludos a mis papis y a mis hermanos y hermanas. Los quiero mucho!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment