Monday, September 17, 2012

It has been a while since I have last posted. Many things have happend to me that keep making this study abroad trip more and more incredible. In the past couple of days since I have last writen on this blog I have learned how to tread water, my hair has changed to green highlights because of the water in a public pool, I have hiked a bit of Volcano Maderas in the Island of Ometepe, I have seen shooting stars and I have kyacked in Lake Nicaragua.
Volcano Maderas' Waterfall. Can you spot it?

 A su casa la an maltratado,
 Su nombre han usado,
 Mentiras, desputes, corbardia
 Me callo sabiendo que deveria gritar
 Me callo sabiendo que tiene lagrimas
 Camino y me tropiezo

 Su casa verdadera es verde,
 Su bienvenida es la corriente,
 Su bendicion es la vista,
 Y su traision es la iglesia.




Shout Out to Roosevelt University @ Chicago!
What makes a good tourist?

I come and I do not pretend.
I cannot pretend, and I cannot forget
I know that I can come and go.
I know that you see me as a local or maybe as a neighbor.
I know that when I speak you wonder and stare.
I come with an open mind
      I atleast try.
I come to learn not to teach.
I come to live not to see. And I hope you understand. I do not what to be that tourist.
That tourist that comes and goes.
That tourist that pays a fee to see and take a few pics.
I am a student.
I do not come to solve your problems because I know I have a long way to go to learn about you first.
A good tourist comes to hike.
A good tourist comes with respect.
A good tourist goes to the zoo not your backyard.
A good tourist can communicate.
A good tourist is hard to find.


Ometepe
Huembes, San Jorge, Moyoglapa
Caminos de tiera y piedras
Habitaciones compartidas y comidas repartidas
Estrellas, nubes y olas.
El lago de aventuras, locuras y ense~ansas
San Ramon, Cascada, Volcan Maderas
Hermanos, apuestas, gitaras y botellas
Moyogalpa, San Jorge, Huembes

No comments:

Post a Comment