Sunday, September 2, 2012

MI CASA EN NICA No. 1

I was finally able to meet my home stay family today. They are very sweet and there is a new born baby in the house! as I carried him I noticed that he has the same small hole in his earlobe as I do. It was as if we were meant for one another. I now have a new baby brother, a Nica mom and dad as well as two sisters and a brother. I am lucky to have wifi in my room. I have keys to the front gate and to my room which is like a second entrance to the house. The only time that I will have running water will be from 12 midnight to 10 AM everyday. This means that I have to wake up early everyday that I wish to shower. There is a washing machine but it is to be used only when its an emergency and I need my clothes right away. Today at dinner I ate a chile.. I thought it was a red chile that wouldn't be too hot. I was wrong. My mouth was burning and I had to drink a lot of water and juice, as well as bite ice for the burning to go away. The dish consisted of chicken which I covered in jalapano sauce, steamed broccoli, steamed carrot, white rice with corn, and jugo de pitahaya. It was delicisous. I also had a few fried slices of green plantain. It was prepared by my Nica dad! Since my new Nica family loves  Mexican food I plan to make a dish some time during my stay to share. I need to ask my mom for the ingredients and recipes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment