Wednesday, September 5, 2012

TEJIDO

Unfortunately I have been a bit sick. My throat has been itching and now I have a runny nose. Last night my body was tired and with the heat I threw up in the small trash can. I did feel better afterwards which is good. I lost my scarf walking to the SIT center and thought that I was going to have to bare the cold in an air conditioned room in the UCA. I was fortunately able to sit in a much warmer seat in the room. The change in climate is probably what has been getting me sick.

One thing that I am loving about Nicaragua is that there are so many juices! I have asked my Nica dad to give me the recipes so that I can take them home and share the delicious refrescos with my family. I spoke with my mom today and was touched to here her voice and hear her say that she misses me. I know this is hard on my parents but I am truly blessed to be here. I never imagined that my classes would be taught by revolutionaries much less ex-militia. The way that the program is set is truly fascinating because it is all woven together with the same base and developed with distinct focuses in the specific area.

This video was recommended to me by my Spanish Professor and I thought I'd share it. I have not been taking any pictures and thought that a video would not be so bad.

The baby in the house is sick and I have not seen him in two days. I only hear him cough and cry in the adjacent room. I hope to get well soon so that I can see him. One thing that I do Cherish is having long talks with my Nica dad. Today, I was able to sit down with him and my Nica brother to talk about the kind of human Che Guevara was. I was then left with my Nica brother and I have to say, he always has something to say that impresses me. He is very well educated and knowledgeable that makes me wonder what is happening to the education in the U.S.

Regardless, I am enjoying every minute in Nicaragua.

No comments:

Post a Comment