Monday, September 17, 2012

Quick


On the way to catch a boat to Island Ometepe. Credit to Paris.
  This past weekend a group of us went on a small tree day weekend trip to the Island of Ometepe. It took around six hours to ge to our destination in Merida. The island itself is quite calm. I hope to come return possibly before I leave Nicaragua to hike one of the volcanos. The site in the island was amazing. Down below is a picture of me during a sunset. The weather down here is completely different from what I imagined it to be. The rain seems to play to a soothing tune. The wind blows as a reminder of the earths warmth and the clouds form to embrace the beauty of the landscape.

Sunset in Ometepe on Lake Nicaragua. Credit to Paris.
 I am completely exhausted. My body not only hurts from all of the excersise that was done over the weekend. I am sunburned. My homestay family has given me a hat to wear at el campo. Tomorrow I will be heading out to live with a different family at el campo for five days. I expect that it will be a bit like my dad's family's rancho but we will see. I am a bit worried about the mosquitos but hopefully I do not get sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment